Registry Repair Utility ReadMe
Release 1.0, June 2018
Copyright © 2018 Echelon Corporation
All Rights Reserved
The Echelon Click-to-Run Registry Repair Utility is a service that monitors the Windows registry for changes originating from a Click-to-Run version of Microsoft Visio 2016, and copies any changes to the part of the registry used by MSI versions of Visio 2016. This process is required by the IzoT Commissioning Tool (CT) which requires several of the registry entries normally created by MSI versions of Visio 2016. This document describes how to use the Echelon Click-to-Run Repair Utility.
To install and run the Echelon Click-to-Run Registry Repair Utility, follow these steps:
1. Install a Click-to-Run version of Visio 2016.
2. Download the Echelon Click-to-Run Registry Repair Utility from www.echelon.com/support.
3. Extract the contents of the Click-to-Run Registry Repair Utility archive to any folder.
4. Copy the CTRegSvc.exe and ni32.dll files into the <LonWorks>\bin folder (this is C:\Program Files (x86)\LonWorks\bin by default for IzoT Net Server on 64-bit Windows).
5. Copy the comppl32.dll file to the <LonWorks>\LonMaker folder (this is C:\Program Files (x86)\LonWorks\LonMaker by default for IzoT Net Server on 64-bit Windows).
6. Enter command in the Windows search box, press ENTER, and then right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator to open a Windows administrator command prompt.
7. Navigate to the directory where you extracted the Echelon Click-to-Run Registry Repair Utility.
8. Enter the following command in the administrator command prompt: CTRegSvc.exe –install
9. Start Visio 2016.
10. Click File->Options->Trust Center->Macro Settings and verify that Disable All Macros Without Notification is NOT selected.
11. Click File->Options->Trust Center->File Block Settings and clear all restrictions for Visio 2002—2010 files.
12. Close Visio 2016.
13. Start the IzoT Commissioning Tool (CT).
If you encounter any errors, start Izot CT with the Run as Administrator option.
Echelon, IzoT, LON, LNS, LonMaker, LonTalk, LonWorks, i.LON, Neuron, OpenLDV, and the Echelon logo are trademarks of Echelon Corporation that may be registered in the United States and other countries.